Hello FFFs! Finally we’re back after some restorative and productive months that involved languishing in Bali, detoxing in Thaland, discovering DC and surviving a hurricane in NYC. We can’t wait to tell you all about our adventures over the coming weeks. In the meantime though, we look forward to 2013 and the delicious adventures it holds for FFFs everywhere.
Here is a snippet of what we can’t wait for in 2013.
1. Alexander Wang’s first collection for Balenciaga. Sources reveal his first collection for A/W2013 will draw heavily from the historical archives. Hopefully not as literally as Hedi Slimane’s did for Saint Laurent…
2. Marc Jacobs Makeup for Sephora. Colour us beautiful Marc come Fall 2013.
3. Carrots… because Kale is so 2012. Meet food’s new it-vegetable and discover how the world’s best chefs are dishing up this humble root. Want a taste of things to come? Eleven Madison Park is serving up a fabulous Carrot Tartare whilst Empellon Cocina on the Lower East Side is meshing Roasted Carrots with Mole Poblano and Yogurt. Hop to it!
4. Deborah Lippmann Girls collection. The Nail Queen’s new laquer collection inspired by HBO’s Girls is out there! Paint up a storm in Hannah (green), Jessa (mean red), Marni (pink) or Shoshanna (violet), or just wear them all together.
5. Gwyneth’s new cookbook, It’s All Good: Delicious Recipes, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great. Hopefully it will also give us legs like Goop’s. Pre-order here for a swift, hot-off-the-press April delivery.
6. Move over chooks… duck eggs are the only ones to crack this year. Be inspired by Rose Carrarini’s (of famed Rose Bakery) new cookbook How to Boil an Egg.
7. The return of the oversize silhouette (cocoon coat anybody?) and supersized bags for fall. Louis Vuitton’s were soooo big, each runway model had her own porter to tote it!
8. Kate Middleton’s wardrobe. We were stunned she wore French Connection for her first offical portrait. This year we’d like to see her ditch high street stores for good in favour of solely supporting UK designers like Stella, Victoria, Sarah and Christopher. C’mon Kate!
9. Forget sweet … this year, sugar takes a back seat to salt. Think cookies with pretzel nuggets and brownies dusted with sea salt… get the drift?
What are your FFF predictions for 2013?